Monday, December 25, 2023

To my future husband/wife

I am a delicate soul; you will notice it from the very beginning. I do not show my affection at start but please bear with me; I need time to sort my thoughts, to breathe correctly, to talk without trembling and to smile without breaking down into multiple little tears.

My aggressiveness is just a defensive response, I am broken inside and still rebuilding myself. I can not let anyone in even when I know I can trust them…or can I?

Will you hold me into your arms and squeeze hard enough for me to feel you but not hard to the point that I break? Will you hold my hand and lead me to the end of the tunnel when I arrive at night and can hardly see? Will you stay by my side when I weep, weep, miss myself, and lose myself repeatedly? Will you show me love when I can hardly feel?

Will you watch me break myself again accidentally and help me pick up the pieces I broke?

Will you pray to God that I find grace?

Do I make you smile? Laugh? Feel Warm? Cherished?